domingo, 1 de mayo de 2011

Delta del Llobregat 30/04/2011

Yesterday I was at Cal Tet.
I went looking for the Laughing Dove which had been seen.
When I arived, I looked at the place where it had been seen, but I din't see it. I continued. I asked at the information center for what I could see, and I was told that there were some flooded meadows, where I could see waders.
Once there, I started to look. I saw lots of Squacco Herons and Cattle Egrets. I also saw a Purple Heron. I continued looking and I saw some waders like Redshank, Greenshank, Spotted Redshank, Ruff, and much others.
I continued and arrived at the Cal Tet hide, where I spent the rest of the afternoon. There were a lot of species, including some very nice ones, like Spoonbill, Temminck Stint, Sand Martins, Purple Gallinule, Oystercatcher...After some time I noticed the first Whiskered Terns of the year. A Great Crested Grebe showed very well too. While observing a pair of Whiskered Terns, I noticed a strange Tern. I looked and found it very dark for Whiskered. It was a White Winged Tern, a lifer, I was very surprised by this, because I didn't expect it here. It's a rare bird in Spain.
Finally I also saw a very nice male Garganey.

     Great Crested Grebe
                                                                        Oystercatcher
                                                                            Sand Martin
                                                                           Spoonbills
                                                                   Squacco Heron
                                                                  White Winged Tern

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario