domingo, 19 de junio de 2011

Pyrenees 10/06-13/06

Last weekend I was at the Pyrenees.My parents had made a resevation at a hut in the Aigüestortes national park.

The first day was the hardest. We had to climb 1000m to the hut (2350m). There weren't much birds, but I got a lifer, two Rock Ptarmigans, which I saw flying. I also saw Greater Spotted Woodpecker, Golden Eagle, Coal Tit, Crested Tit and Eurasian Treecreeper.

The next day, we wanted to climb up to a peak which was near, the Tuc de Saburó (2912m), but we finally couldn't becaus my father was a bit dizzy. On that trip we saw some very nice birds, including Citril Finch, Alpine Accentor, Raven, Alpine Chough and Lammergeier, an adult which showed pretty well.

The third day we returned. That was hard, a thousand meters down, my knees are still killing me. The third day was the better birding day. We started with Grey Wagtail, Honey Buzzard and Coal Tit. As we went lower, different species were appearing. We stopped to rest near a lake, I went to llok for a bird which I had seen before, which turned out to be a Crossbill. There was also a Dunnock. When I returned to my parents which were resting I saw a Dipper.
After some time we also saw Goldcrest and Golden Eagle.

On the car back to Barcelona I still could see Bee-Eater and a Shrike which I couldn't ID:

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario