miércoles, 26 de septiembre de 2012

11/09/2012

Tuesday the 11th september was my last day in Riet Vell, and in terms of birding probably the best one.
In the morning we went to extract Apple Snail, but I had already been at 8:00 AM at the hide.
There were many passerines (Willow Warbler, Zitting Cisticola, Reed Warblers...), two Water Rails which showed quickly, a Little Bittern sitting on the reeds in front of us, Kingfisher and a wader that I wasn't  able to ID.
 Zitting Cisticola

 Little Bittern on the reeds
 Water Rail
Kingfisher
While extracting the snail, we saw a large flock of Glossy Ibis, a single Lapwing and many Whiskered and Gull-Billed Terns.
I also heard some Bee-Eaters, probably migrating.

In the afternoon before departing I had a some time to go birdwatching for the last time. I started taking pictures of the Flamingos and the Kingfishers.
I noticed a group of waders and I took a look with the scope. I saw the usual Black-Tailed Godwits, a Snipe, some Black-Winged Stilts, a couple of Ruffs and the wader that I had seen that morning that really looked like a Marsh Sandpiper.
I made some pictures and showed them to other birders. A couple of days ago I got it confirmed, a Marsh Sandpiper (lifer for me!).
 Last general view of the lagoon



 Pictures of the Flamingos

 Marsh Sandpiper with Ruffs 
A better picture of the Marsh Sandpiper
I hope you enjoyed my report as much as I enjoyed my days there.
I want to thank Ignasi Ripoll (the organizer) and all the volunteers that contributed to make my time there wonderful: Diane, Diana, Irene, Bea, Darío, Antonio, Rubén, Eva, Rebeca, Yanka, Evélia, Annika, Alejandro and Vojkan.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario